Patrouille Suisse pilots have acted as airborne ambassadors for Switzerland, showing undisputed precision and perfection above & beyond the country’s borders.
According to Managing Director of IWC Schafhaussen in Switzerland, Eric Fuchs, “Both our Pilot’s Watches and the Patrouille Suisse team stand for Swiss precision and technical perfection, our shared values and passion for flying inspired a special limited edition designed to be a fitting tribute to the excellence of these outstanding pilots.”
IWC have just released the Pilot’s Watch Dopplechronograph Edition “Patrouille Suisse”. This watch is limited to 250 pieces for the world. The first 150 pieces will be exclusively for Switzertland, the remaining 100 pieces will be available worldwide at IWC Boutiques only.
Considering the success of the brand worldwide, this is extremely rare and limited edition watch and is a good representation of what IWC stands for according to their heritage as a Pilot’s Watch maker.
The watch is 46 mm and is constructed out of shot blasted brushed stainless steel. The dial is a nice grey with contrasting white Arabic luminescent numbers for contrast and visibility. The caseback is adorned with an engraving of three jet fighters that allude to the Northrop F-5E Tiger II of the Patrouille Suisse. The functions include, hours, mins, seconds, day/date, chronograph with split seconds function. The movement is the IWC in-house caliber 79230 with 29 jewels, 28,800 vph and a power reserve of 44 hours and is surrounded by a soft iron core cage, making it anti-magnetic. The strap is a soft black rograin with contrasting stitching with shot blasted brushed stainless steel deployant buckle for the ultimate utilitarian pilot’s aesthetic.
Technical Specs of the IWC Dopplechronograph Edition “Patrouille Suisse” ref#IW377805
- Mechanical chronograph movement
- Day and date display
- Small hacking seconds
- Stopwatch function with hours, minutes and seconds
- Split-seconds hand for intermediate timing
- Soft-iron inner case for protection against magnetic fields
- Screw-in crown
- Glass secured against displacement by drop in air pressure
- Limited to 250 consecutively numbered watches
- Calibre: 79230
- Frequency: 28,800 A/h / 4 Hz
- Jewels: 29
- Power reserve: 44 h
- Winding: automatic
- Materials: shot-blasted stainless-steel case, grey dial, black soft strap, folding clasp in stainless steel (shot-blasted)
- Glass: sapphire, convex, anti-reflective coating on both sides
- Water-resistant: 6 bar
- Diameter: 46 mm
- Case height: 17.5 mm